Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

Hi Pentaxians!

Hello all!
I have never written on a forum before, but I have been lurking on and off here for a few years.
My first Pentax was a K100DSuper, which I bought pretty much because the price was right, and I needed a decent camera to photograph my jewellery. It had a problem with front focussing, so I ended up getting a few cheap legacy lenses since I had to manual focus anyways...
50mm f1.7
28mm f2.8
100mm macro f4
All I can say is that this caused untold frustration for my wife- though I learned so much about how lenses interact with the camera, that I think I became a much better photographer for it.
About a year ago I upgraded to a K-5, and my interest in possibly making a career out of photography is slowly growing. I just did a little photo shoot with a friend, and he was blown away with the results.
So, I am hoping to learn heaps on the forums and have some interaction with you all.
Cheers, Chris
Oh, yeah, I am from Australia.

03-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us.
03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us.
Thanks!
03-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro and btw, there's only a couple of other Aussies in here.

03-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Go the Aussies! Actually truth be told, I have only lived in Oz for the past 10 years, before that I was Canadian
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Byronboy Quote
Hello all!
I have never written on a forum before, but I have been lurking on and off here for a few years.
My first Pentax was a K100DSuper, which I bought pretty much because the price was right, and I needed a decent camera to photograph my jewellery. It had a problem with front focussing, so I ended up getting a few cheap legacy lenses since I had to manual focus anyways...
50mm f1.7
28mm f2.8
100mm macro f4
All I can say is that this caused untold frustration for my wife- though I learned so much about how lenses interact with the camera, that I think I became a much better photographer for it.
About a year ago I upgraded to a K-5, and my interest in possibly making a career out of photography is slowly growing. I just did a little photo shoot with a friend, and he was blown away with the results.
So, I am hoping to learn heaps on the forums and have some interaction with you all.
Cheers, Chris
Oh, yeah, I am from Australia.
I am Canadian and still have my Maddog Surfboard from Byron Bay. Heeps of good times to be had there.
03-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #7

Original Poster
Ha ha, that's awesome, Handlebar, I have just moved from being 10 min from Byron Bay, to 30 min away, great bit of the world, that's for sure. I reckon if I ever moved back to Canada, I'd bring a couple boards back home as well!

« A new one! | Newbie »