Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #1

Pentaxian from Russia

Hello folks!

I've been watching this forum for quite some time. Frankly, two years ago I had nothing to say to this community. But after reading latter users posts I think I have.

First of all, I would like to say how I am waiting for the Pentax-Ricoh FF camera. I guess it wouldn't be named "Pentax" after all. Maybe they'll skip to P-R name or something like that. Hope it will be soon enough, otherwise it would be wise to switch to upcoming Sony FF mirrorless.

Secondly, I'am obsessed with photography from 2002. That was the first time when I laid my hands on father's Leica R4.

Thirdly, I am going to post some reviews of Zeiss ZK, Voigtlander, and Leica lenses (Leitax conversion). These are expensive and all this old-school manual focusing...that's why I think it would be interesting for me to contribute this knowledge to your community. And yes, I don't like auto-focus. It's useful for kids and sports and sometimes wildlife photography. But Pentax SDM is faulty (had 50-135) and (compared to canon) slowly. Most of use is Pentax's in body shake reduction which makes many outstanding and Full Frame (please Pentax!) manual focus lenses shine from it's brighter side.

03-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Добро пожаловать на форум!

So excited to see the promised reviews.
I do have the same hopes as the most people on this forum too that someday we will see Pentax FF or Ricoh or whatever fits K-mount optics.

Welcome to the forum!

Vasyl
03-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sunfog Quote
I am waiting for the Pentax-Ricoh FF camera
You and me both, plus a whole heap of other folk, welcome to the forum, watch this space for more...