Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #1

Hi

Just wanted to say hi. I joined a little bit ago and just haven't posted. I have had a few Pentax cameras starting with the K100D, K20D and the K5. Started my daughter on the K100D and she has graduated from High School and wants to be a photographer so I gave her the K20D and some good lenses. I will be trainig her. I had some issues with the K5 sent it in and it took three months to get it back. Got angry and spent a buttload on Canon equipment 5D mkll and a bunch of L lenses. I dont regret my decision it is good stuff but my go to camera when I am out on my own time is the K5. I just love the camera. When it finally came back it was working great and have had no further problems with it. I trust it more in bad weather with the star lenses than the Canon for some reason. Just bought a 40mm f2.8 limited for it a couple days ago and went out and shot a few pics. That lens is amazing, I would put it up against any of the L lenses I have. Tack sharp. If I had known that Pentax was being bought out by Richoh at the time I sent the camera in I would have waited as I am sure thats why all the problems with getting it back happened, transition time in a company is never easy. Anyway I carry the K5 with me most all of the time and now with that pancake limited lens it will be even more so. Use the other camera equip mostly for studio stuff. Well that is. I am enjoying the site.

03-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, don't tell folk here but I've been known to use Canon too, Nikon as well amongst others.