Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #31
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's late for that advice now. I think we should still follow up on expected packages to see if we need to take any more action on this person's profile - mainly to save the extra headache caused to others.

03-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Having a former career in law enforcement, I've come to be a little skeptical. Let me just say that (in my opinion), sale items from brand-new "join to sell" forum members deserve a bit of scrutiny. It sounded too good to be true right from the get go, yet there was practically a stampede of prospective buyers. Hopefully none of our trusting fellow Pentaxians will be adversely affected.
03-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #33
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I enquired out of a desire to check up on the guy's integrity. Got no response. That's at a personal level. Believe me, there were lots of discussions about this case at the moderator level.
03-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I enquired out of a desire to check up on the guy's integrity. Got no response. That's at a personal level. Believe me, there were lots of discussions about this case at the moderator level.
just curious,moderators are supposed to be able to check his IP right?is it really in Thailand?

03-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #35
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, confirmed to be Thailand.
03-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #36

Photos: Albums
I already mentioned that I've discussed with my friends in Thailand and we are sure he is not Thai even he claimed that so. His Thai language is so super poor. Google translate is even better, still poor actually.

It's also very super suspicious that my friends in Thailand tried to go seeing him and pay by cash which was more convenient, the seller can just wait at his home and get money ready to use!, but NO responses.

We doubt if he's some tourist guy and try to gain some money for some reason.

Anyway, I'm truly sorry for your lost.
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #37
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zany225 Quote
I already mentioned that I've discussed with my friends in Thailand and we are sure he is not Thai even he claimed that so. His Thai language is so super poor. Google translate is even better, still poor actually.
Too bad I wasn't aware of that statement of yours. I doubt I'd have made a purchase then.

He's probably Italian, as several websites he owns and also some posts he made (under the name "Bancha Worakai") are in Italian.

03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #38
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Further discussion is continuing and changes will be made in the marketplace conditions of sale try to and prevent this type of problem again. Although the PF team were suspicious from day one, the seller was able to post authenticated images of one of his lenses for sale to prove it was in his possession. That gave him sufficient legitimacy for him to continue with the sale on the forum marketplace.
03-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #39

Anxiously waiting for good news from buyers. I hope that everything will be okay.
03-26-2013, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Further discussion is continuing and changes will be made in the marketplace conditions of sale try to and prevent this type of problem again. Although the PF team were suspicious from day one, the seller was able to post authenticated images of one of his lenses for sale to prove it was in his possession. That gave him sufficient legitimacy for him to continue with the sale on the forum marketplace.
You guys are just too kind to him

Here at our local Singapore forum, he was deregistered within 12 hours after he registered and posted his ads.

If an unknown seller asks for payment other than paypal or COD, especially if the selling prices are too good to be true, most time we just delete the ads and deregister the seller to protect the local buyers.
03-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #41
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well frank, he did give some proof that he had the gear - it's hard to scrutinise beyond that. But the compulsory offering of PayPal (at least for new sellers) has been on the cards ever since this member showed up here.
03-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #42
Forum Member

He has erased the gmail account.
Now it's impossible to talk with him.

Enviado con Xperia Neo V usando Tapatalk2
03-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #43
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's not good news.
03-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #44
Veteran Member

There will be no good news here. Some lenses have turned up for sale on a UK based forum. The lenses are similar, similarly priced, images also on Imageshack look the same as those here now removed. The lenses are in Thailand and the guy is Italian, just happens to work for a Thai photopgraphic studio. Well that's the story anyway.

Good luck to everyone trying to recover their money.
03-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #45
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
seller asks for payment other than paypal or COD
It's a sad state of affairs this.

Maybe we on this forum could put something in place like the Singapore Forum has, to prevent further occurrences of this sort of thing.