Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
great to be onboard looking to mix

HI I'm from Queensland Australia and was very heavily into photography a lifetime ago and have just got back in to it through purchasing a Pentax Q. I start my love affair with Pentax in 1972 while at school where I got to use a spotmatic. That started a saving plan that eventually enabled me to purchase a K100, just as the MX came out so I onsold the K100 to a friend and got the MX. For 10 years I chased around the high escarpment country near Kakadu National park finding and recording rock paintings. My MX handled everything including being dropped 400m down a cliff and into a river on 4 occasions. Finally the growth of fungi in the viewfinder became too much to see to focus so I replaced it with another MX that I still have today. Somewhere along the way I have also picked up a ME.

I travel a lot and only use carry on so have traveled without a camera for the past 12 years. So I've been looking for a camera smaller enough to take with me but with the ability to use my lens collection. On a trip to Europe in November last year I found myself seeing things I wished to photograph but with only my phone the pictures did not capture what I saw.

With my purchase of the Pentax Q in Feb 2013 I have re-ignited my passion. In looking for suitable lenses for the Q I have purchased two different Auto 110 kits and now have the complete range of lenses that match the size of the Q. (I am eagerly waiting the delivery of the 70mm to try it out). I also have the K mount adapter and will use the K lenses I have when I am home. I also am going to get back into 35mm photography with my MX and am looking for a good LX to use as well as a present from me to me

Looking forward to being a part of this forum and sharing some of my images.

03-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sweet!
Welcome to the forum and good to hear you are back in the game again
You are not the first person that said the Q made photo fun again.
At the moment I thinking to buy a Q for my wife so the two of us don't have to "fight" over the camera
Look forward seeing your photos!

Cheers
Yos
03-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #3

Welcome!

My past is nowhere near as epic as yours (or as long, probably) but I can certainly relate to the photographic Lazarus scenario. Now is a real sweet spot in terms of affordable, high quality photographic equipment. Probably the last sweet spot before that (unless you care about AF) was around about when I was born, 30-something years ago.
03-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, Aussies are here on mass so you wont be lonely.

03-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yos Quote
Sweet!
Welcome to the forum and good to hear you are back in the game again
You are not the first person that said the Q made photo fun again.
At the moment I thinking to buy a Q for my wife so the two of us don't have to "fight" over the camera
Look forward seeing your photos!
Cheers
Yos
Thanks for your welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing yours and your wife's as well.
warm regards
Mark
03-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by russell2pi Quote
Welcome!

My past is nowhere near as epic as yours (or as long, probably) but I can certainly relate to the photographic Lazarus scenario. Now is a real sweet spot in terms of affordable, high quality photographic equipment. Probably the last sweet spot before that (unless you care about AF) was around about when I was born, 30-something years ago.
Yes I was getting into photography about that time Thanks for your welcome!
03-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, Aussies are here on mass so you wont be lonely.
Thanks for the greeting. Yes us Aussies know a good thing!!