Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #1

Salam from Dubai ^^,

Hello, I decided joining pentaxforums because I've been reading and doing research about mirrorless cameras for over a month, and every time I visit this website, I get a message on the top saying "welcome back guest", so I decided to not be a guest anymore and join

I am a 30 years old male from the United Arab Emirates - Dubai , and I am one of those who kickstarted an international photography competition ( HIPA )
I've been into photography ever since I was young. Started with Film, and learned my way through, and of course with many wasted photos at the dark room.
In the digital era, I started with Canons for a very short time, then straight away jumped to #TeamNikon for around 6 years now.

I used many brands like sony, canon, leica, Fuji, olympus, and here are some of the Nikon cameras I used:
Nikon D40
Nikon D80
Nikon D40x
Nikon D60
Nikon D300
Nikon D300s
Nikon D90
Nikon D7000
Nikon D3x
Nikon D4
and used the D4 for a short while then stopped for months. The only shooting I did was for instgram with a iphone.

A month ago, I decided I want a new OK camera, and just before purchasing the D800e, I stopped, did a lot of research, fell in love with Pentax, saw a video review by Kay from DigitalRev TV, and fell in love with the Yellow K-01, ordered it, and it is on a plane now from somewhere on the other side of the world. I also want to get the Q10, but after I play around with the K-01..

Thank for reading ^^,

03-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hope your going to post some of the stunning imagery available to you from your country.
03-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and hope that you like your new Pentax gear ... J
03-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"waalaikum salaam" Welcome to Pentax Forums. I’ve been to Dubai a couple of years before. That time I wasn’t bit by photography bug!! If my company gives me another chance…I will to go with my Pentax gear…of course the weather sealed one ... Nice Place...

by the way.. me too a Nikon convert!!

03-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kaef el-haal? I hope you like the forum and we look forward to your contributions here. Looks like you've had quite the journey in photography so far. Thanks for the introduction.