Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #1

Long time visiter, now new member

Hello everybody
I have been visiting your site on a regular basis for some time, and always when I need an unbiassed opinion on lenses, techniques etc.
Always on those occasions, I have admired the depth of accumulated knowledge available for the asking. Now I hope that I may be able to add in some small way to that process. I will add my thanks for all of those members who have posted such valuable information and honest advice.

I photograph mainly wildlife with an emphasis on birds and cats of all varieties and recently have become involved with the "Highland Tiger Project", a body concerned with saving the rare Scottish Wildcat which has reached an estimated low of possibly only 40 pure specimens.

Also I have recently "discovered" HDR photography and would like to try it when the weather improves, although we have just had two pleasant weeks, which may be looked upon later as summer 2013!

Macro also has inspired me to get out whatever the weather and the recent aquisition of a mint 50mm f4 pentax lens has added enormously to my results. When received it's aperture ring was not working but 5 minutes later that was fixed, and I am most impressed with it 's performance compared to the other lens I had been using. Now I would like a very wide angle K mount lens from Pentax to use with the OM-D.

Derek

03-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Always good to welcome a fellow Scot to the forum, there's precious few of us here.

Maybe not Highland Tigers, but I have a brace of Blue Eyed Snow Marble Bengals, both of which think that they are, the full size cousins.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-16-2013 at 07:56 AM.
03-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... Thanks for your intro and hope to see an image or two soon ... J
03-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Always good to welcome a fellow Scot to the forum, there's precious few of us here.

Maybe not Highland Tigers, but I have a brace of Blue Eyed Snow Marble Bengals, both of which think that they are, the full size cousins.
Thank you for the welcome aboard,

I'm not sure I qualify as a fellow scott as we "escaped" from north london in 1989 and have never looked back.

I'll put up some photos when I work out how to do it without cropping them to death, meanwhile your felines sound very photogenic, so I would welcome seeing them on here sometime. We currently have 6 cats around the house, none pedigrees, but all lovable just the same - more so it seems since we retired and of course are here to let them in!

Regards from sunny Fife!!

03-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... Thanks for your intro and hope to see an image or two soon ... J
Bonjour from Scotland Jean, and thank you.

We had a second honeymoon in Paris last year and it rained very heavily every day except our last full day there - the one we chose to visit Versailles.
Simply stunning, beautifully cared for, utterly photogenic and definitely worth a second visit.