Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Wullemaha

Hey everybody,

since I stumbled upon this forum a few times already when I was searching some Pentax-related stuff, I thought it's time to join.
I haven't been in a forum for many years now (used to contribute to musicians forums a lot), but I hope I can also share some information rather than only STEALING YOUR KNOWLEDGE ;-)

So about me:
My real name is René, I am from Austria but currently living in Tokyo, and I just bought a Pentax K-30 after feeling the need to upgrade from my puny Olympus E-420.
I am into photography (obviously) and music a lot - I play the guitar, do songwriting and have had a few nice live gigs over the years (mostly Rock/Metal and Blues).

I bought the K-30 in white with the 18-135mm weather resistent kit lens (which is awesome) and I resently purchased a used SMC Pentax-M 50mm 1:1,7.
I love both lenses, although I currently prefer the wonderful bokeh of my manual-focus-and-isnt-that-awesome old 50mm lens.
I am also thinking about buying a K1000, since I am blinded by nostalgia a lot ;-) And I love working in manual mode anyhow.
Also, it's just awesome that I can use Pentax lenses very universally on most Pentax SLRs, so I could share lenses for both cameras.

I will definitely try to contribute to some of the interesting threads here as soon as I find the time.
Until then, feel free to check out what I do and who I am.

PICTURES: 500px / wullemaha / Photos
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/wullemaha
YOUTUBE: René's channel - YouTube
BLOG (sorry, in German only, it's mainly for my family in Europe):
wullemaha.blogspot.com

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Cheers,
René

03-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome Rene,

I viewed some of your photos and you have a good eye. I'm sure that the K-30 will service you well ... and your right, one of the best things about shooting Pentax is the legacy lenses. Finding one, cleaning it up and producing images with it is a very cool thing.
I look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Cheers ...
03-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Hawki,

thanks a lot for your reply.
I am already growing very fond of this forum.
As soon as I know my way around, I might need you guys for detailed picture reviews in order to improve.
Sites like 500px are very disappointing in this regard (since everything is "great" or "amazing").

see you soon
03-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
since everything is "great" or "amazing"
Welcome to the forum, well when your ready, post your images to Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com where they will play hard ball with your images, but in a positive constructive way.

03-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
... where they will play hard ball with your images, but in a positive constructive way.
That's what I wanted to hear :-)