Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

hello!

Hello Pentax people!

I recently saw the price drop on the Pentax K-01 and I'm really dying to get my hands on one

Up until now, I've been depending on hand-me-downs from my parents and grandparents which has left me stuck in Canon/Nikon film world. After borrowing DSLRs from friends, I'd love to jump into the digital age (finally), but my budget is still strictly constrained. Still, I generally liked the Pentax K-5 menu system. My mother has a Pentax film SLR (not much brand loyalty in my family), which she was overall very pleased with, and she has a few lenses that she's willing to pass on to me.

Anyway, until I can make some purchases, I'll just be browsing~

03-19-2013, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #2

Well, welcome to the forums! Prices are becoming quite amazing on a lot of Pentax cameras and they are all excellent. You should also feel lucky to have those Canon and Nikon film cameras. I never recieved any hand-me-downs and ended up going out and buying numerous Nikon film cameras and lenses over the years (not to mention a ton of Pentax equipment). They are all good. It would be great if you could take ownership or be able to use your mother's old Pentax gear as well. Either way, enjoy shooting with what you have and when you decide to go digital, you will be more prepared! Again, welcome aboard!
03-19-2013, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
03-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
thank you ^^

yes, i definitely cherish film photography, but the world of digital photography is quite alluring. maybe the grass is always greener~

03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by yhyhyhkt Quote
maybe the grass is always greener
But it is all green and ultimately it is all just grass! Enjoy!!
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yhyhyhkt Quote
yes, i definitely cherish film photography, but the world of digital photography is quite alluring. maybe the grass is always greener~
There is no reason to not enjoy both. There are several of us that do. I hope a K-01 finds it's way to you soon .
03-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #7

Original Poster
thanks!! i hope i can get my hands on one!
03-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, lenses already being supplied, happy days.

03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Yos
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!
I hope u will have a K-01 soon and if not, maybe the K-30 prices will drop soon as well