Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello Pentaxians!

Hi, my name is Steve and I've been reading a lot on this site over the last few weeks or so, as I grapple with the 'classic dilemma' of deciding if I want to spend my $1k US budget on....

Recent model....
K-30 with 18-135mm WR

Classic goody...
K-5 with 18-55mm WR and 50-200mm WR

Recent, but slightly budget blowing....
K-5 IIs with 18-55mm WR

Recent. and surely very budget blowing....
K-5 IIs with 18-135mm WR

Really haven't been considering the K-5 II since I figure if I end up moving in K-5 II-land direction, I might as well go for the 's' and pick up some better prime glass in the used market to take full advantage of the 's' model as time goes on.

WR is important to me as I am outside often and fish a lot (as you might sense from my 'name' on this site).

To top it off, I'm also planning on doing some video shooting indoors and outdors with the camera...and I know I'd be well off with an OM-D with the WR lens, or go "sans WR" with a NEX-6 for good stills and video capabilities.

A few weeks of research, and I'm still no closer to a decision.... but an 10% off (max of $100 savings) coupon that eBay provided me with (expires 3/23) sure has me thinking I should pull the trigger asap.

Quandrums stink, hey? And that's why I am here. Learned a lot from reading on this site for sure over the last couple weeks.... and assuming I do become a Pentaxian, I'm sure I'll be reading and writing a lot on this site as time goes on to learn even more!

Steve

03-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it's just great to have choices.
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. I can't help you on the decision, but I am anxious to get an 18-135 WR myself.

Last edited by patrick9; 03-21-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Punctuation