Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #1

Hi, Chef John

Hi, I am John, I am a certified Executive Chef, Certified Dietary Manager,and Certified Ice Carver.
Due to Heart Problems and soom older achs , I had(choose) to take early retirement due to health reasons. I live In Illinois.
I hunt,fish and when I was younger I would take Geographic maps and follow creeks, and streams with a endouro bike and do my out door photography. Money was tight but I had a 35mm Mamai Secor( I Think) with small wide angle and small telephoto, and with a friend or two had a great time.
Viet Nam Did not get me they dropped the draft the year I graduated in 1973. Playing football for four years and a draft card saying 1H (1 holding till graduation or if you quit) I knew all high school what my future was.
My whole class of 22 went to Daytona and Saint Petersberg Florida, and some coaches as chaperones went to celebrate not going to Nam. I did go to Jones and Laughlan steel mill till we lost it.

03-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both retirement and photography, it sounds like you earned them both the hard way.
03-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from a fellow IL resident.
03-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both retirement and photography, it sounds like you earned them both the hard way.
Thanks, Being a novice.
Through the other forums I made my choice and there was a lone Pentax sfn1 with a Tau mar-f zoom 28-80. It was on AF and it was Hesitating on auto focus and was not clear. So I Purchased another this time on eBay.
Same problem on focus and not great on auto focus.
So through these forums I chose the Sf1n hopefully will be pleased. the focus was I did not know to set the diopler slide, Problem solved. The iffy auto focus I am not sure. Any help appreciated. My point is this was all done through your site, before being a member. I have great hopes what can be accomplished with this site as a tool, and the fellowship. John