Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #1

Greetings from South Korea!

I am a Pentaxian from Columbia, MO that is currently spending a year in South Korea. I have a K-m, K-x and just recently ordered a Q with the 01 and 03 lenses. I bought all 3 of my cameras off of Ebay after doing extensive research on them all. I read up on some professional reviews, but then I read reviews from actual owners of these cameras. That is the way to go, if you ask me. Read up on what actual people that have used it in their daily lives say, rather than a reviewer that sees it for a day.

-Jim

03-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Jim, good to have you on board.
03-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I've been reading posts on here for a while now, I decided I should finally start saying something and sharing what little knowledge I might have with all those that have shared with me.
03-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, your right, user reports are always better than manufacturers.

03-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, your right, user reports are always better than manufacturers.
The professional reviews of the Q would have killed it had it not been for people that actually used it and realized its potential and the fact that is was never meant to "replace" a DSLR. I review any purchase over $100 for real world reviews.
08-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by internjim Quote
The professional reviews of the Q would have killed it had it not been for people that actually used it and realized its potential and the fact that is was never meant to "replace" a DSLR. I review any purchase over $100 for real world reviews.
Hey! I'm also a Pentaxian in Korea. Have you found a decent source for reasonably priced Pentax gear? My grasp of Korean is pretty much garbage.
09-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kathtray Quote
Hey! I'm also a Pentaxian in Korea. Have you found a decent source for reasonably priced Pentax gear? My grasp of Korean is pretty much garbage.
My Korean is pretty much non existent as well. I have not had much luck for Pentax in Yongsan, they just focus on Nikon and Canon. I did find a few places in either namdaemun or dongdaemun. I can't remember which one. I am no longer in Korea. Pentax isn't a very popular place, but I did find some guys that sold some vintage lenses. I found a 50mm 1.2 for 300,000 won. I was tempted to buy all 3 and just resell them, lol!
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and all that Pentax gear ... please post us an image or two soon ... J