Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Greetings from Argentina

Hi everyone! My name is Daniel and I'm from Argentina.
Three years ago I started with a Canon Rebel XS (1000D). My first lenses were the legendary Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 and the Pentax Super-Takumar 135mm 3.5. I loved those lenses, especially the 50mm! But I was never like the Canon XS... this is felt plastic, cheap, uncomfortable, and Canon AF lenses were very expensive for me.
So six months ago I sold it and bought a fantastic Konica Minolta Dynax 7D (predecessor of the Sony A700). Minolta AF lenses are cheap, sharp, and the build quality is amazing.

All was well until one day in a park with a friend I can't use the camera. Its size made ​​everyone turn upon to me. I felt bad, embarrassed, inhibited. With the DSLR could shoot in home, in concerts, or in specific locations. But I can't use it on the street or where I wanted. It was not easy to carry!... This is not what I want

So here I am wanting to replace it with a mirrorless camera, and I think the Pentax Q can be the solution. Later I will make a topic about this.

Thanks for readme, Daniel.

PD: I use Google Translate, sorry if some things aren't well written

03-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Daniel
And welcome to the forum.
Plenty of friendly people here.
Cheers
Dean
03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, Google translate works pretty well so don't worry about that.
03-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Daniel. I was in your wonderful country a year ago. Buenos Aires is a wonderful city, and Iguazu is spectacular!
You will love the Q. You must get the 01 prime and 03 fish-eye. I also have the two zooms but don't use them as much. With the right adaptor I'm sure your Taks will also shine on the Q.