Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2013, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Long time Pentax fan

I've been reading the forum for a couple of years and finally decided to register so that I could post. Now that I am recently retired, I am spending more time with the hobby and look to fellow Pentaxians for insight and support.

I first started with Pentax equipment back in the Spotmatic days. I marveled and how Pentax was always able to put so much functionality into bodies that were tiny compared to the competition. And my 55mm f1.8 was a beauty. Well all the M42 items are long gone, but I have not parted (yet) with any of my K-mount equipment:

MX body
PZ-1p body w/grip
K10 w/battery grip
28mm f2.5 Vivitar manual focus
18-55mm DA kit lens
50mm f1.4 SMC Pentax
28-105mm FA (power zoom version)
70-200mm f4-5.6 FA
70-210 f3.5 Soligor C/D macro manual focus
500mm f8 Tamron mirror
Vivitar 285
Pentax AF500FTZ

I love the two film bodies and have a Beseler 23CII setup for printing, but haven't done any film work in a number of years. I used to do Cibachrome and color negative work, but my occupation took up too much time late in my career, and I ended up with far too much expired and expensive paper and chemicals. Now that I am getting better with Lightroom, I am not missing the creative aspects of film work as much, but I still love the look of my work back in the film heyday.

With more time for my hobbies now (cars and cycling included), I am trying to be creative and getting away from the snapshot mode that digital seems to induce. To that end, I am considering acquiring an ultrawide angle zoom to master. But with more traveling planned for the future, the 18-135mm WR would seem to also be a good investment.

Sorry for rambling on, but I go back a long ways with Pentax and the hobby has brought me much enjoyment over that time.

Best wishes all.

03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
03-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, always good to welcome a Pentax veteran to the forum.