Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #1

Hello! and a few questions

Hi everyone!!!

My grandma's brother has sent me a camera from Canada. It is the Pentax K10D.
Is this a digital camera????

Thanks!

Annie

03-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes it is ... see Pentax K10D - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
03-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi to you as well. Yes the k10D is a digital. One of the best in it's day although perhaps a little dated now. Still being used by many though.

Here is a link to information on that camera: Pentax K10D - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
03-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Jean we should both be out taking pictures....

03-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Jean we should both be out taking pictures....
Oui, oui, oui, ... I agree, but it's night here and too cold for me ... first thing tomorrow morning, promise ... J
03-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thankyou guys!!!!!!!!

Just bought a lens for it - cant wait to start taking photos!!!!!
got a Pentax tripod, rucksack and basically everything for it!!!!!!
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I agree, but it's night here and too cold for me
Star trails.....?
Looks like rain here today but none yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be very nice and maybe 21C, first warm day we have had. Hoping to get out all day and shoot if I can.

03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AnnieBarrass Quote
Thankyou guys!!!!!!!! Just bought a lens for it - cant wait to start taking photos!!!!! got a Pentax tripod, rucksack and basically everything for it!!!!!!
Annie you got a great camera there. What lenses are included?

And please do not hesitate to ask questions as you start to learn it.
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Annie.

Just a few points, if you're new to digital photography (excuse me, otherwise). Did the camera come complete with battery, battery charger, memory card and cables (a power cable for the charger and a data cable for connecting the camera to a computer)? Most importantly, did it come with the owner's manual (you'd be well advised to read the introduction, at least)? A (charged) battery and a memory card (SD type for the 10D) are essential for taking pictures, of course, but you'll need the other things, too. If you don't have an owner's manual, you should be able to search and download a copy from the Internet.

Good luck with it, and dive in to taking photos. There is a great deal of assistance here, when you need it.

Rob

Edit: I see from your profile that you already have a K-5IIs, so I imagine all I've said above is redundant. I also see you live in England, where I'll be on a visit soon. I hope the weather improves quickly, for both our sakes!
03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your gift from your Great Uncle.
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hi Annie.

Just a few points, if you're new to digital photography (excuse me, otherwise). Did the camera come complete with battery, battery charger, memory card and cables (a power cable for the charger and a data cable for connecting the camera to a computer)? Most importantly, did it come with the owner's manual (you'd be well advised to read the introduction, at least)? A (charged) battery and a memory card (SD type for the 10D) are essential for taking pictures, of course, but you'll need the other things, too. If you don't have an owner's manual, you should be able to search and download a copy from the Internet.

Good luck with it, and dive in to taking photos. There is a great deal of assistance here, when you need it.

Rob

Edit: I see from your profile that you already have a K-5IIs, so I imagine all I've said above is redundant. I also see you live in England, where I'll be on a visit soon. I hope the weather improves quickly, for both our sakes!
Thanks Rob!

Yeah the camera did come with everything.
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Annie you got a great camera there. What lenses are included?

And please do not hesitate to ask questions as you start to learn it.
I have just bought an 18 - 55mm weather resistant lens. I have already started taking photos and is working really well.
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Annie and enjoy the forum. Your K-5 Is is indeed a fine and capable camera.