Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from the land of Oz

Just decided to step out into the light after lurking in the shadows for far too long! I bought my first Pentax, a Spotmatic, in 1972 followed by a Super A in 1985 and a K5 in 2012. They are the only SLR cameras I've ever owned and I've never had any inclination to own any other brand. Pentax Forums has provided me with a treasure trove of information and technical details since I discovered it just last year and I hope I can make some sort of contribution in the near future.

03-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
03-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hello and welcome from a melbournian
03-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #4

Hi Ozwald and welcome from another Aussie.

I too have only ever owned Pentax and have never regretted this choice. Look forward to some shots from beautiful SA.

03-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome also from Adelaide. There are a few of us active on the forum.
03-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, a lurking Aussie, I didn't realise there were any Aussies left who weren't already signed up in here.
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Welcome also from Adelaide. There are a few of us active on the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I've just been looking at your albums. Great pictures! They made me think it's easy to underate the place in which one lives. Your pictures made Adelaide come alive for me again. I hope to post a few of my own once I've figured out the site. Slow intuitive best describes my computer skills.
03-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ozwald Quote
Just decided to step out into the light after lurking in the shadows for far too long! I bought my first Pentax, a Spotmatic, in 1972 followed by a Super A in 1985 and a K5 in 2012. They are the only SLR cameras I've ever owned and I've never had any inclination to own any other brand. Pentax Forums has provided me with a treasure trove of information and technical details since I discovered it just last year and I hope I can make some sort of contribution in the near future.
Gidday Mate, welcome
You beat me to the Spotmatic by 2 years !
Pete

04-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

G'day from Canberra mate!
04-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ozwald Quote
Thanks for the welcome. I've just been looking at your albums. Great pictures! They made me think it's easy to underate the place in which one lives. Your pictures made Adelaide come alive for me again. I hope to post a few of my own once I've figured out the site. Slow intuitive best describes my computer skills.
Thanks for the positive comments. Flattery may not get you everywhere, but it has earnt you your first Like!

I find your comments regarding perceptions of your home town interesting. I came to a realisation in early 2012 that I had lots of interesting photos of places I had visited in other countries, but had never put equivalent effort into photographing my own home town of Adelaide. So I started out on a bit of a mission to try to apply my tourist photo enthusiasm to things close to home. Later I joined the forum here and then started to participate in some of the Single in... challenges. The challenges really forced me to look closely at the everyday scenes around me. Trying to come up with an interesting shot every day for a month sounds easy at the start of the month, but the last week is where the 'challenge' really kicks in. Also I'm mostly going to use primes for the challenges, and I'm finding primes force a lot more creativeness into the act of taking photos.

Check out jackassp and Sandy Hancock here on the forum - two other Adelaideans currently active in the Single in... challenges.

Last edited by southlander; 04-08-2013 at 08:02 AM.