Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Hi from Scotland

Hi, I have lurked for some time.

I have a K5 and have passed down some other Pentax models to family members. Today I took delivery of a K-01, seemed like an incredible deal given the sensor and 40mm lens.

I have a problem extracting the firmware update on my Macs. I can't, so far, find a thread on the subject so I plan to post in the appropriate forum. If anyone thinks they can help I would certainly appreciate any suggestions.

In the meantime happy Pentaxing everyone.

04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #2

How do and welcome to the forum. I read more than I post here, great amounts of knowledge to be had from this group and everyone seems very helpful indeed.
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #3

Meant to say, I am also in Scotland, Dunbartonshire, where are you?
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, always good to welcome a fellow Scot here, there's only a handful of us about in here.

04-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks

Hi Picbrian Hi kerrowdown

I'm in Elderslie in Renfrewshire, alleged birthplace of William Wallace and close to Glasgow airport. I'm originally from Glasgow and I work in the city.

I'm (ahem) 50-something and have taken photographs on and off for about 35 years. I'm determined to take it all a little bit more seriously and make it my main hobby. I coveted a K1000 when I was a youngster but began with much cheaper and "good to learn on" Zenits and Prakticas. For one reason or another my picture taking lay dormant for many years until maybe four or five years ago when I bought a 200D on a deal at Jessops.

Think the guy behind the counter was a bit surprised that I didn't want a Canon but he didn't know just how much I had coveted the K1000.

I found the SR system amazing and a couple of the scene modes extraordinary - especially museum mode. And I thought the TAV option just made such good sense. I'd always heard of Pentax image quality and it certainly seems rich. As I've studied things a little I have moved on, becoming a lttle bit more "manual". I've added a couple of older ebay A lenses and I've been struggling (in an enjoyable way) with the very beginnings of strobeism recently.

Hope to do the whole flickr thing etc soon.

What do you like about photography and Pentax?