Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

G'Day from Australia

hi,
my name is Mathew from Melbourne Australia
im new to Pentax forums and Pentax dslr's

i have a question to the forum,

i want to get some Pentax gear and the price is double in Australia,so i have purchases some gear from the us web store and wanting to know if any Australians have purchased from them and payed tax when it entered Australia?

04-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MTA.MAT Quote
hi,
my name is Mathew from Melbourne Australia
im new to Pentax forums and Pentax dslr's

i have a question to the forum,

i want to get some Pentax gear and the price is double in Australia,so i have purchases some gear from the us web store and wanting to know if any Australians have purchased from them and payed tax when it entered Australia?
I'd recommend posting your question in a separate thread in the appropriate discussion forum. Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums Mathew
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'd recommend posting your question in a separate thread in the appropriate discussion forum. Welcome aboard!
what thread would you recommend adam?
thanks Mathew

04-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Depending on what camera you bought you could post in that forum, ie, if you bought a Pentax K-5 you'd post in the K-5 forum. What you do need to remember is that you buy from overseas you may need to send back overseas for any warranty work so that can work out expensive in the long run.
04-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

G'day Matt. Keep your overseas purchases under a grand. Post your question in the section relevant to the gear you purchased. If lenses, then SLR lenses section. If camera, then the relevant SLR camera section.
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #7

Original Poster
thanks guys

04-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's a whole heap of Aussies in here.

I'm sure one of them will have the answer on the import tax question for you.
04-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Melbourne is well represented here.
You will have to pay tax only if the value of the purchase is Au$1000 or higher.
I have bought lenses on line which are relatively lower risk. Have been lucky so far not having to return anything.
However, if I was buying a body like K05, I would consider that to be a higher risk factor and would look for the best deal within Australia.
Good deals can be found locally from time to time - just do research for the items you want.