Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #1

New to Pentax

Hi there,
My name is Mary and I'm from South Australia. My huband bought me a new camera today, it's a pentax X5. I thought I would join this forum, so that I could get as much advice as I can, and hopefully have some problems solved. I dare say the problem is with me and not the camera.
I've only ever used ordinary camera's that you just point and shoot without any zoom what so ever, so this will be my stepping stone to something better.
I'm looking forward to learning new things.
Cheers Mary

04-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Mary, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here from the friendly members. When you said X5 did you mean K-5? If so go to the K-5 forum.
04-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

From fellow South Aussie I wish you a warm welcome Mary.
04-04-2013, 02:19 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi eaglem, I'm sure that it's an X5 both the box and the user manual say it's an X5, but I'll still look through the forums to see if I can get some advice and answers to a problem that I have, in taking photo's in zoom.

cheers Mary

04-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
From fellow South Aussie I wish you a warm welcome Mary.
Thanks Bossa. :-)
04-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum Mary, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here from the friendly members. When you said X5 did you mean K-5? If so go to the K-5 forum.
Hi eaglem, I'm sure that it's an X5 both the box and the user manual say it's an X5, but I'll still look through the forums to see if I can get some advice and answers to a problem that I have, in taking photo's in zoom.

cheers Mary
04-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, there's lots of good stuff in here, can't find what you need just ask.

You'll find a few other Aussies kicking about in here, just to make you feel at home.
04-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour Mary from France and welcome to PF ... do not hesitate to ask questions and post us an image or two soon ... J

04-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mas4ja Quote
Hi there,
My name is Mary and I'm from South Australia
Hi ! welcome on board Mary !

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Check out the database to discover the X5 Pentax X-5 - Pentax Compact Digital Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

QuoteOriginally posted by mas4ja Quote
I'm looking forward to learning new things.
The first piece of advice is "read the manual !" there is many very simple thing to know to be able to squeeze the best of your X5
04-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah yes, just did a quick review read on the Pentax X-5 which I had no idea existed. I'm sure you'll find other members here who have purchased that camera that will be able to help you.