Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From Chicago USA

I am so new here that i haven't even done anything with my profile yet, but I was prompted to introduce myself. So....

I'm from the Chicago IL USA area - actually a suburb Northwest of there. I am interested in making new friends as well as learning about my camera etc., so feel free to reach out.

I wonder if anyone on the forum is also from this area, so that we might be able to do things together, should that be something both of us agree is desirable etc. ??

I am new to Pentax, a-a-a-a-and new to digital cameras period. I once tried to get past uber-amateur status with a Canon film camera, but I never succeeded, despite my being an artist and knowing a lot about "framing" and other pictorial considerations. If I got a few pix out of my SLR camera, in those days, it was mostly due to luck, based on me flubbing and forgetting various tech requirements related to exposure, depth of field, etc. The trial and error process was costing me a lot in those days, of going through rolls of film and waiting to see what the prints came out looking...like...

I want to use the K-30 for 2 things. Taking shots of items that I may sell on Ebay, and also "fine arts" photography.

That's it for now....see you around the campus !

04-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums And Pentax The K-30 is a fun camera Enjoy
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

I am new to DSLR cameras too, I got a K5IIs and a FA 31mm... it's in the mail. Plan to take some night courses at the local college, so instead of using the auto mode on a point and shoot camera I'll start the learning process of using a real camera properly. This site has from what I've seen in just a few days many friendly people more than willing to help! Have fun!
04-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, the learning curve remember, is still supposed to be fun, right enjoy.

04-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from a fellow Chicagoland resident!
You'll enjoy learning what these impressive tools can do.
04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #6

welcome hi from jakarta
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kuranes Quote
I am so new here that i haven't even done anything with my profile yet, but I was prompted to introduce myself. So....

I'm from the Chicago IL USA area - actually a suburb Northwest of there. I am interested in making new friends as well as learning about my camera etc., so feel free to reach out.

I wonder if anyone on the forum is also from this area, so that we might be able to do things together, should that be something both of us agree is desirable etc. ??

I am new to Pentax, a-a-a-a-and new to digital cameras period. I once tried to get past uber-amateur status with a Canon film camera, but I never succeeded, despite my being an artist and knowing a lot about "framing" and other pictorial considerations. If I got a few pix out of my SLR camera, in those days, it was mostly due to luck, based on me flubbing and forgetting various tech requirements related to exposure, depth of field, etc. The trial and error process was costing me a lot in those days, of going through rolls of film and waiting to see what the prints came out looking...like...

I want to use the K-30 for 2 things. Taking shots of items that I may sell on Ebay, and also "fine arts" photography.

That's it for now....see you around the campus !
Welcome to the Forum from Cleveland. You may find the Forum creating some new awareness of different types of photography and expanding the area of your camera use. Anyway, I hope you find it as useful and interesting as I have. Best wishes.