Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

Hello from Grand Rapids

Michigan that is.

Hello all, my name is Len and I was born a Pentaxian. I say this because my grandfather began carrying one shortly after the end of WW2 and continued to use a Pentax until he could no longer look through a viewfinder. My father also used a Pentax. He carried his during the Vietnam War. I ended up inheriting my grandfathers Sears branded K1000 at the age of ten. Having no formal training at that age I fumbled through countless rolls of film trying to learn how to use the thing. Two years after the birth of my first daughter I put the K1000 away and concentrated on family life. But by 2006 I couldn't take it anymore. I ran a few rolls of film through the K1000 to see if I had any memory of how to use it. The resulting pictures said I still understood but needed to practice and thusly I pulled the trigger on my first DSLR. The K10D. Fast forward to now and the K10 is still teaching me despite being dropped numerous times, being rained on while having an unsealed cracked shell, and having the lens mount ripped from the body with the lens still attached. Thanks to all of the friendly and helpful people here this tank just continues to fire and produce superb images! (sample attached below)

So in short, Hello all! and Thank You!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
04-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

I really like your photograph! Looking forward to more!
04-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Hello and welcome to the Forums Len. You have posted a beautiful photo
04-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro and first image post, well done on both, look to seeing more from you.

04-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and thanks for the great intro plus your K-10 image ... hopefully we'll see more images soon ... J
04-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #6
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks very much for posting.

You and others from Michigan are invited to join this Michigan Pentaxians group: Michigan Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com

I have enjoyed photographing outside and inside the Gerald R. Ford presidential museum in Grand Rapids.

Best wishes, and I look forward to seeing more of your photographs.

Stu
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I look forward to posting more images once I have the time and figure out the gallery function.