Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #1

Moving from Nikon

Hi - I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a Nikon shooter for a while, but am moving to Pentax after being disappointed with Nikon's quality control and customer service - my D7000 arrived with severe miscalibration of the AF and after that was fixed, it bricked after less than 1000 shots. Now it's in repair and they have no idea when the part it needs will be available. I'm buying a K-5, and hope that I'll find it to be what I need.

John

04-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, here's hoping you get a better experience with Pentax kit.
04-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnbachel Quote
Hi - I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a Nikon shooter for a while, but am moving to Pentax after being disappointed with Nikon's quality control and customer service - my D7000 arrived with severe miscalibration of the AF and after that was fixed, it bricked after less than 1000 shots. Now it's in repair and they have no idea when the part it needs will be available. I'm buying a K-5, and hope that I'll find it to be what I need.

John
Welcome to the Pentax family. I think you will enjoy your new K-5. Now coming from Nikon, it will take you a little to get custom to the different lay out menu.

Every day is a Pentax day, just take a picture and have fun.
04-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome John. Sad to hear about your Nikon issues, I quite like Nikon gear.
Hope the K5 treats you better!

04-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #5

Hi, I was wondering for a long time (almost three months) whether to buy Pentax K 5II or Nikon 7000. Canon was rejected as the first one, After several sleepless full of hasitation nights ;-) I made up my mind and ordered my k 5II. I must say that it was a bull's eye and I hope I won;t regret it .... It's just a great camera...
04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the positive replies

I'll keep you informed as I learn more about the Pentax system. I certainly have mixed emotions about leaving Nikon, as my D7000 was a great camera when it was working.