Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from St. Louis Mo!

Hello everyone!

Finally pulled the trigger last night on a new Pentax K-30! Bought it from amazon ( didn't realize the B&H tie in till today ) and although I got "2nd day" it is slated to be delivered tomorrow! Even if it comes in before the weekend I will be ecstatic! I had a K-r or k-x about 2 years ago, had it for a few months and then "Surprise" it came up missing when I had friends over ( thats what a Marine gets for inviting Navy guys right haha!? Kidding ).

Well - after some researching, saving, waiting and most importantly - recently finding out my wife is pregnant with our first child! I used the 'well - we can take really nice pictures of the baby" excuse and she ran with it! The camera I purchased has the 18-55mm and I already have a 28-90mm and 100-300mm Pentax Lens from the old setup.

Now to get 'un-rusty' and save up for another lens. What do you all suggest should be my first 'real' lens purchase? I know that the 3 lenses I have are all starter and have heard that with the proper glass, the new camera can really shine. True/False?

Thanks in advance and hope to speak with you all and learn a lot!
David

04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy it, the new K-30 and the baby when it arrives.

Your just some smooth talker, when it comes to gaining approval on the home front for new camera kit.
04-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the new gear and as a lens selection, look at the DA 35mm f2.4 ... great IQ at a very affordable price ... J
04-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, David. I'll keep my eye out for some baby pics.