Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Good Dayand Hello!

Hello,

My name is Greg. I am from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I have Pentax cameras, from a Spotmatic SPII to my most recent "upgrade" a Pentax K-7. I even have a couple of nice SMC lens P&S. I have referred to the lens review section often and appreciate the good honest advice. I've finally decided to join.

I've been fiddling around with using my manual lenses on the K-7, thank goodness for the "in focus" icon and "beep". (I don't look so good anymore. ). I had a KX kit but sold it to help afford the K-7 body so now I'm out my 18-55. That will soon be rectified. In the meantime take care and for those of us who still have snow on the ground and temps just around freezing+/- hang in there. SPRING WILL COME!

Greg F-N
Saskatoon, SK

04-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new camera of yours.

Have a close look at your pictures, because sometimes where really critical focus is required, like on the eyes of say a portrait. The "in focus" icon and "beep" can be a little out, they work over a slight range, so manual tweak from what they suggest is needed to be spot on.
04-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gpneuf Quote
Hello,

My name is Greg. I am from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I have Pentax cameras, from a Spotmatic SPII to my most recent "upgrade" a Pentax K-7. I even have a couple of nice SMC lens P&S. I have referred to the lens review section often and appreciate the good honest advice. I've finally decided to join.

I've been fiddling around with using my manual lenses on the K-7, thank goodness for the "in focus" icon and "beep". (I don't look so good anymore. ). I had a KX kit but sold it to help afford the K-7 body so now I'm out my 18-55. That will soon be rectified. In the meantime take care and for those of us who still have snow on the ground and temps just around freezing+/- hang in there. SPRING WILL COME!

Greg F-N
Saskatoon, SK
Welcome Greg. I've visited your city and, boy, does it get cold!
Regards,
MAk
11-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #4

forget canada, try akaroa nz, which seems to be the new cruise ship go-to. i could easily merge with the tourists by wearing the 75-200mm lens, but i don't look good in khaki!!