Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 22codfish Quote
I purchased a K5 with 50-200 mm WR from Carsand-Mosher just before they closed their Chain Lake store.
That is awesome! How do you like the 50-200mm WR lens? I am really excited to try it out!

04-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
It's been around 6 months now. Got it for $650 at Henrys in Dartmouth, plus I traded in my K-X. Always liked that KX, but the brighter viewfinder and focus peaking helps as my eyes aren't what they used to me (and I have several manual lenses).

Maybe we should have a Halifax PentaxForums show and tell meeting sometime, somewhere in HRM. I could host out in Prospect.

Here's a shot from my neck of the woods.

That is awesome! We should all get together. I'm sure you could probably teach me a lot about the K-30! That is a beautiful photo. I was planning on going to Peggy's cove for a day to test out my new Pentax when it arrives! Are there many more Pentax users from around Halifax on the fourm?
04-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by allpowerfultim Quote
That is awesome! We should all get together. I'm sure you could probably teach me a lot about the K-30! That is a beautiful photo. I was planning on going to Peggy's cove for a day to test out my new Pentax when it arrives! Are there many more Pentax users from around Halifax on the fourm?
Let me know when you are going to Peggy's Cove. If I'm around, you are welcome to drop by my place in Prospect - it's on the way. We could compare kits, test out our lenses. Sometimes it's fun to have a photo-geek out.

The K-30 is a nice camera, I'm very happy with it. It's solid, and feels good in the hands. Mine has already been roughed up a bit and is doing just fine.

Also, I have some photos on this site in one of the Fearless entries - it's on page 4 from the homepage, called 'Fearless in inner-city Kingston'. (Feel free to vote!).

Cheers
S
04-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
Let me know when you are going to Peggy's Cove. If I'm around, you are welcome to drop by my place in Prospect - it's on the way. We could compare kits, test out our lenses. Sometimes it's fun to have a photo-geek out.

The K-30 is a nice camera, I'm very happy with it. It's solid, and feels good in the hands. Mine has already been roughed up a bit and is doing just fine.

Also, I have some photos on this site in one of the Fearless entries - it's on page 4 from the homepage, called 'Fearless in inner-city Kingston'. (Feel free to vote!).

Cheers
S
That would be fantastic! I will sent you a message for sure. I am going to Paris/Rome/Greece at the end of May and I have to go early-May to TO for work and to pick up my K-30 bundle, so it would be in June that we can get together. It is going to be wonderful to have my new camera to take photos in Europe - hopefully I will be able to figure out how to use it prior to departing! Haha!

I will for sure go check out your photos!

Tim

04-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #20

Original Poster
Anyone else from the Halifax or surrounding areas that own a K-30?