Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #1

Hello from south of Sweden

Hi all!

Just registered as a new member to this nice forum site.

Some years ago I was given a quite big Camera Collection by my old father and among those there was a nice Pentax K2 DMD. Although I am interested in photography and have some Film SLR's
and an old DSLR, I did not look much at this new bunch until last fall when the analog bug bit me.

I dug up this real nice K2 DMD and I am amazed about the build quality and attention to detail. However, there are some problems which I will post about in the proper Film SLR section later.

My Pentax kit: K2 DMD body, SMC1:1.8/55, 1:2/50 and 1:4/200 lenses, Motordrive MD + Battery Pack M

Regards,
Peter

04-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a fine little analog quiver you've got there. Welcome to the Forums!
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, I love the look of the K2DMD and I want one myself, nice gift! Adding the motor drive to that makes me drool. That 55mm should be one great companion to the camera.
04-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, there's something satisfying about older Pentax equipment.

I think it's down to how it feels in the hands, stupid thing to maybe say, but as you mentioned it's the build quality.

04-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks a lot!

kerrowdown, yes I understand you, its all about the feel. And sounds as well. It gotta sound right too!

Well, I can tell you that it feels quality with all that weight in your hands,
especially when the Motordrive is on.

Although it is hevier, I think it has a more comfortable grip with the MD.
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by K2DMD Quote
I think it has a more comfortable grip with the MD
I never owned a K2DMD, but here's one of my true loves, complete with the MD, Nicad pack and action finder eyepiece.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/lens-clubs/167350d1365504449-club-goldenlx.jpg