Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #1

K-1000 Kult

Hm....i used to be on this forum, but that was 2 pc's ago. Now me gots MacBook.
Buzzaroo! Some how i didn't quite finish my profile before it 'updated' itself.
Hobbies...
Nature photos, guitar--yeah all kinds, and paying my daughter's tuition.
And she GRADUATES in one month!
Double-Buzzaroo~!
I'm a semi-retired minister with an obsession to get THE perfect
Hummingbird photo off my back deck.
Also, looking for a Pentax DSLR for daughter's graduation present and
need to find out what is compatible with all the K-1000 lenses, filters, etc.

Uh, you needn't call me Ishmael.

phillip

04-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phillip,
Welcome back. All K mount lenses from your K-1000 days are compatible with the modern dSLRs. They won't auto focus of course but they will mount (M42 models need an adapter bu that is easy and doesn't alter their functioning).

Here's the primer on that topic:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html
04-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congrats to you and your daughter! A DSLR would be an awesome gift - the k30 is highly regarded and has advanced features like a pentaprism viewfinder (brighter than a pentamirror), dual control wheels for faster control, weather sealing and in body stabilization.

Costco has a pretty good deal where you get 2 weather sealed lenses with the camera for 900 and it's available in black, white or blue. Or if you look in the "price watch" section, I think there are a couple less expensive deals for that camera with a non weather sealed lens - I think about $625-ish. If you don't need a viewfinder or a camera that takes fast action photos that well, you can get a great deal on a k-01. But it is very unusual looking

What lenses do you have from your k1000? Some of them are very good and work well on a modern camera.

I know for many, the k1000 is a great camera for it's durability or maybe because it's the camera that they learned on. But for me, the k1000 is how I met my wife! I was shooting a Pentax DSLR and had some extra lenses - a customer whom I spoke on the phone quite often told me she had a k1000 so I offered to give her a lens. 2 years later, we got married! We even had cookies made to look like cameras at our wedding

Welcome to the forum and maybe your daughter will be here too sometime soon. Take care!
04-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, don't want to burst the bubble too much, but daughter expense doesn't stop at graduation.

Been there, done that, got book, movie and tee shirt, twice now, still a poor father.

04-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
Welcomeses

Thanks for your replies and helps.
My lenses are all old enough to be Japanese optics.
Glad to know they interchange as I looked at some similar newer
(and self-focussing?) ones and WOWZIE...
I am SO last millenium!
However, daughter has been using the K-1000 bodies and doing her own
developing...art major and has to do some larger format prints,
So she'll be fine w/o the self-focus.

Oh yeah, re: Bubble....No delusions there, car, insurance et cetera.
At lleast we have a couple years' reprieve on med. ins.

again thanks

phillip
04-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to theforum!

Good luck on catching that hummingbird in flight! What does it mean to be a semi-retired minister? Are your sermons just shorter, or do you confine yourself to just weddings and funerals. :>)