Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Camera explosure???

Hi Guys,
I have a camera the Pentax K10D. When I take photos, the photos are either too dark or too light can I do anything about this?
Thanks!
Annie

04-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you maybe have some exposure issues going on there.

Without a bit more details as what exactly your doing, it's going to be real hard to advise you.
04-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AnnieBarrass Quote
Hi Guys,
I have a camera the Pentax K10D. When I take photos, the photos are either too dark or too light can I do anything about this?
Thanks!
Annie
Hi Annie
Too many variables to mention! You could experiment with AF and AE settings, multibracketing as well. Then, of course, it depends what you're shooting. Post some samples and let the members see.
Kind regards,
Mark
04-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Too dark andtoolight

Hello Annie. I have this camera too.

Here is my suggestion. Place the round mode dial on the top right side of the camera on M (for manual). Go outside and notice if the sun is shining.
If the sun is shining, set the shutter speed at 125 and the aperture at 16. Take a picture and see if it is about right. If it is too dark, decrease either the film speed or the aperture by one click, then examine the photo.Keep trying various settings of the shutter speed and aperture until you find that your exposures are about what you like. Once you do that, you are in control of your camera. Good luck!