Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from New Brunswick (NB)

I just found this site while researching tips on how to use the macro features of the new Optio WG-3 GPS (green), which I purchased last week at a local camera store. I'm a retired biologist, editor and dogsbody who is also writing an ebook on spray aircraft associated with NB. I am an enthusiastic macro photographer of all sorts of insects, and I post images to Welcome to BugGuide.Net! - BugGuide.Net and Moths of New Brunswick - BirdingNewBrunswick. I actually follow through with identifications of these insects.

I also have a Canon (sorry!) Eos Rebel XS with a normal and 75-300 mm telephoto, and a 90 mm Tamron macro lens.

I would be interested in learning more about the WG-3 in these forums, so I will be lurking for quite a while.

04-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new Optio WG-3 GPS, I'm sure it wont take too long to get to grips with those macro feature, for a macro veteran like yourself.
04-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cadam Quote
I just found this site while researching tips on how to use the macro features of the new Optio WG-3 GPS (green), which I purchased last week at a local camera store. I'm a retired biologist, editor and dogsbody who is also writing an ebook on spray aircraft associated with NB. I am an enthusiastic macro photographer of all sorts of insects, and I post images to Welcome to BugGuide.Net! - BugGuide.Net and Moths of New Brunswick - BirdingNewBrunswick. I actually follow through with identifications of these insects.

I also have a Canon (sorry!) Eos Rebel XS with a normal and 75-300 mm telephoto, and a 90 mm Tamron macro lens.

I would be interested in learning more about the WG-3 in these forums, so I will be lurking for quite a while.
Welcome to the forum. I will certainly look forward to your sharing your macro experience. No problem with the Canons.I have about 15 of them myself, including an F-1 with the fabled Canon FD 50mm f 1.2 that I still use from time to time, partly because I do not have a Pentax lens that collects that much light.