Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Lens recommendation..

Just got my K-5 and would like to replace the 18-55 kit with something else.. consider between DA 16-45 and Tamron 17-50.. have been reading all kinds of reviews but still cannot decide.. btw are the used lenses in PF marketplace in good quality.. maybe wanna buy a used one first.. Thanks!!

04-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by imrenhe Quote
Just got my K-5 and would like to replace the 18-55 kit with something else.. consider between DA 16-45 and Tamron 17-50.. have been reading all kinds of reviews but still cannot decide.. btw are the used lenses in PF marketplace in good quality.. maybe wanna buy a used one first.. Thanks!!
As far as the marketplace goes, it depends on the ad, but for the most part descriptions are accurate.

I'd recommend getting either the Pentax 17-70mm or the Tamron/Sigma 17-50mm if you want the extra stop. As nice as the 16-45mm may be in terms of IQ, the zoom range is a bit short compared to that of the other lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by imrenhe Quote
I have the Tamron 17-50 2.8 and I have been very pleased with the results. This lens range has many uses, but I have found it to be just ideal for ambient light inside work--weddings, parties, and the like. Good luck with your decision.
04-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if you look at the marketplace system, there is already in place a feedback system.

The descriptions also always seem very detailed, often with images, I think you can have a reasonable confidence level should you choose to purchase.