Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #1

Hello from the Canadian Prairies.

Just taking a moment to stop in and say hello. Bought my first Pentax SLR yesterday and I am already in love with this camera. I shoot exclusively on 35mm film and see myself doing so for the foreseeable future (as in till they stop manufacturing film. lol). I love to go hunting for old SLRs of interesting designs and make and I finally added a Pentax to the collection. I have my "brand new" Pentax P3/P30 and I can't put it down. It is just so comfortable to use and so nice and solid. Plus I think this one was purchased then sat in a closet for years or it was very well maintained and cared for because it barely looks used. So I figure with me being relatively new to SLRs in general and this being my very first Pentax I would come hang out with my fellow Pentax enthusiasts and see what I can learn and share.

04-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, fellow Canuck! I have an old P30T, but since I got a great deal on a PZ-1p (big AF body) the "old grey mare" has been sitting in the closet. Someday I'll sell it to someone who loves film...
04-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Always nice to meet a fellow Canadian photography enthusiast. I love my new P3. I have a Canon AE-1 and a Mamyia 500 DTL and they are both great cameras but they are both kinda bulky for a guy with small hands. I just love the more compact size and ergonomics of the Pentax P3 and I have not even put a roll of film through it yet. :-) I got it for $50 at a Thrift Shop and it came with a Vivitar macro zoom lens so I snatched it up right away. I am wondering though. Maybe you might know. I have an old Braun F20 BLS flash that I use with my Canon and Mamyia and I have not been able to figure out if it will work with my P3. There does not seem to be a plug for the little cord on the Flash like my other two cameras and the Pentax manual for my P3 makes it sound like if I use a third party flash the camera with blow up or something. lol. Do you know of any good resources for finding out what older accessories play nice with the Pentax P3?
04-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both the forum and that "brand new" camera.

04-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The warning in the manual has to do with the flash trigger voltage frying the innards. You can check the forum to see how to test the trigger voltage before putting the flash on camera.

Connecting the flash to the camera can be accomplished with a device that slips into the flash mount that has a cord connection on it. Some have a shoe on top for shoe mount flashes. I'd go to eBay for one of them. New prices are more than you paid for the camera.