Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #1

Hello from Toronto!

Hey everyone! I am planning to return back to film photography after...3 yrs? I found a old roll of film that I had rolled myself years back and the drive came back with a vengeance! I need your opinions fast! Planning to buy a Asahi Pentax K1000 SLR 35mm Film Camera with two lenses (SMC Pentax-M 80-200mm f/4.5 Zoom Lens and SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2 Lens) and Pentax AF160 Flash alongside a camera cover and bag for $152. Is it worth it? What do y'all think?

04-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best to look at the reviews here on those lenses. I know the M50/2 is okay, but not nearly as well rated as the 50/1.7 and there isn't that much difference in price. I have some stuff I've been trying to sell through kijiji for a lot less than the price above, and there are many others in the Toronto area selling gear either through the Marketplace here, or other venues. Once you've posted twice you can contact people through private messages and ask around.
04-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and it sounds like a welcome back to photography too.

Do your homework here and elsewhere re pricing, deals can be had, also there's a great lens review sections here on the forum, just follow the links below.

Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database