Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #1

Hello from NW Arkansas

Hello, recently moved here and like to shoot the lakes and rivers. Photography goes real well with my hiking hobby. Looking to find a photo club too.
I shoot a K-x and looking to upgrade to a K-30. Really like my wide angle Sigma 10-20 and the other extreme 55-300 zoom. 35 MM DA is my favorite walk around lens.

Attached Images

04-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Ray
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I'd say "Welcome to Arkansas," except I recently moved out. I'm in Kansas City now.

Make sure you get out and explore Arkansas's best and only resource... their excellently maintained and beautiful state parks. Petit Jean and Mt Magazine in central AR are my favorites. Hobbs is a new one I discovered only recently (I lived in Little Rock for 10 years).. it's just 20 miles or so to the east. And do it quick, before the temperature gets to 90+ which will probably be soon.

I won't miss anything else about AR... in fact, I hated it there. Why did you move?
04-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure that K-30 wont be long before it arrives at your house.

04-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to the club.

I believe there is some great spelunking to be had in NW Arkansas. Might make for some good photo excursions.
04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Ray_MA Quote
Hello, recently moved here and like to shoot the lakes and rivers. Photography goes real well with my hiking hobby. Looking to find a photo club too.
I shoot a K-x and looking to upgrade to a K-30. Really like my wide angle Sigma 10-20 and the other extreme 55-300 zoom. 35 MM DA is my favorite walk around lens.
Welcome to the forum. Thought I was the only one from AR but glad there are others. I live down by Pine Bluff, not by choice but because of work. Been to Fayetteville and around some but have lots of places yet to discover. If we get up that way maybe we can hook up sometime. Again, welcome.
04-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'd say "Welcome to Arkansas," except I recently moved out. I'm in Kansas City now.

Make sure you get out and explore Arkansas's best and only resource... their excellently maintained and beautiful state parks. Petit Jean and Mt Magazine in central AR are my favorites. Hobbs is a new one I discovered only recently (I lived in Little Rock for 10 years).. it's just 20 miles or so to the east. And do it quick, before the temperature gets to 90+ which will probably be soon.

I won't miss anything else about AR... in fact, I hated it there. Why did you move?
I haven't explored any of the state beyond NWA and I have been down to Devils Dens State park and looking forward to other parks.
Will post some photos soon of this area.
04-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Hobbs Conservation Area (about 20 miles east of NWA) is, I think, a new place. I've only been there twice, and it's quite spectacular.

04-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macdaddy50 Quote
Welcome to the forum. Thought I was the only one from AR but glad there are others. I live down by Pine Bluff, not by choice but because of work. Been to Fayetteville and around some but have lots of places yet to discover. If we get up that way maybe we can hook up sometime. Again, welcome.
Sounds good. PM me if you want to meet.
04-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... please post us some images soon ... J