Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #1

Hai Gais!

Well, I'm new here, and I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm new to this forum, but I'm not quite new to Pentax cameras. I've been on APUG for a while, and I've registered for DPUG, but I rarely even log on there.

I've got a K-1000 as my film camera (Actually, I've bought, traded for, and repaired quite a few of those over the last few years, and the one I've got now isn't the one I started with ), a K-r, and a few lenses (28mm, 50mm, and 135mm).

I used to be a big film purist, but I'm slowly getting more and more in to digital. Now I don't really have a preference for one or the other. Some days I'll decide to use one or the other just based on my mood. I am, half-heartedly, though, in the market for a Pentax 645 of Pentax 67 for my film endeavors, though.

well, that's gotta be the most horrid intro ever, so I'll just wander off to other parts of the site now

04-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us here!
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well, I just wanted to ask some Pentax users about their experiences with compact interchangeable lens systems . I'm think about getting the Pentax Q for vacation this summer, but I haven't jumped the gun just yet!
04-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by existing light Quote
Well, I'm new here, and I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm new to this forum, but I'm not quite new to Pentax cameras. I've been on APUG for a while, and I've registered for DPUG, but I rarely even log on there.

I've got a K-1000 as my film camera (Actually, I've bought, traded for, and repaired quite a few of those over the last few years, and the one I've got now isn't the one I started with ), a K-r, and a few lenses (28mm, 50mm, and 135mm).

I used to be a big film purist, but I'm slowly getting more and more in to digital. Now I don't really have a preference for one or the other. Some days I'll decide to use one or the other just based on my mood. I am, half-heartedly, though, in the market for a Pentax 645 of Pentax 67 for my film endeavors, though.

well, that's gotta be the most horrid intro ever, so I'll just wander off to other parts of the site now
HAI!

I still say that film and digital are two different, related things that can coexist peacefully. I'm shooting a nice old Pentax 6x7 these days along with my K-01 and K-07. I think that shaking film would get old if I had to do it every time I wanted a snapshot, so I say it's a good time to have so many options.

Cheers from a Lee County native.

04-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jesssss Quote
HAI!

I still say that film and digital are two different, related things that can coexist peacefully. I'm shooting a nice old Pentax 6x7 these days along with my K-01 and K-07. I think that shaking film would get old if I had to do it every time I wanted a snapshot, so I say it's a good time to have so many options.

Cheers from a Lee County native.
yeah, totally agree.

So, are you still in Lee County or did you eventually get away from there?
04-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it here.
04-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, intro was fine and a lot better than some.

There's quite a few film forum members here like yourself, enjoy.

04-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by existing light Quote
yeah, totally agree.

So, are you still in Lee County or did you eventually get away from there?
Oh I did get out and with gusto! I still have family hiding out in the woods outside of Opelika though.