Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

K5 & k9

Hi guys!

I've just switched from Canon to Pentax after some advice and looking for a camera that can resist though owners and situations.
We're usually taking the camera with us on walks and hikes, sun or rain so the weather resistance was factor that weighed heavy.
The K5 is combined with a Sigma 70-200 APO EX... I've had some start-up problems with this lens but things seem to be okay now so let's shoot!

99,99999% of the shots we take will be of our dogs, we've got two Podenco Ibicenco's and one Azawakh, beware ;-)

I've been reading the threads for some time now to get information and hop I can let you enjoy some of my thoughts and images..

William

04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, both not breeds that I'm familiar with, also enjoy the K-5.
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... hope to be seeing some more images soon ... J
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

You will need a good WR lens if you want to maintain the WR feature. You may be better off with one of Pentax's WR DA* series lenses.

04-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
You will need a good WR lens if you want to maintain the WR feature. You may be better off with one of Pentax's WR DA* series lenses.
I think I heard you say that tempting DA* 60-250mm F4?
04-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome and hints!
I was in between the Tamron, Pentax and Sigma sports lenses and eventually picked the Sigma because of good experiences in the past.
The Pentax has the WR advantage indeed but since the Sigma has no "moving" parts outside of the body this one should be able to cope.
It's not that I'm standing in the rain all day or don't have a choice to shoot or not haha, my concern was also sand and "rough" handling.

I must say the image quality (back-focus...) of the Sigma is finally becoming what I hoped it would be but it took quite some research.
What is strange however is that when I tested another Sigma (150-500) this one was sharp at once!
Anyway... I'm using this camera and lens so if they match and get me satisfying shots, I'm content...

btw, I've created a photoset on Flickr, should you be interested ;-)
FLICKR