Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #1

Greetings from Northern Sweden

Hi everybody!

Me
My name is Johan and i live in Sweden in a town called Umeå. I just turned 40 and I recently entered the wonderful and thrilling, albeit exhausting world of Fatherhood. A beautiful little girl .

Rant
Over the years i have passionately taken on a number of hobbies. Some has stuck, others have waned. What I have upheld on a regular basis though, is playing my electric bass and flyfishing.

Also, I have a thing for analogue old-school things, like tube amps and turntables, grinding coffe beans by hand for my espressoapparatus. I don´t get perfect results every time, doing things like this instead of using new techniques and one touch of a button. But the ritual around it, the manual work put in and the honing of skills gives me more satisfaction i guess.

I don´t consider myself a good member in an online forum because I am shy about posting. I like to read alot, but unfortunately do not dare to post most of the time unless i really feel that I can contribute to the conversation, which is seldom. I do appreciate all that do post however.

Photo
I am a happy beginner of sorts. I got my first dslr, the Canon EOS 300D when it was released around 2007. I played around with it, learning about aperture, shutterspeeds, iso and so on. Experimenting a little with macro, lighting, photoshopping and such. The camera hasn´t seen much action the last couple of years. It still works well though, but I feel that it is lacking a bit in terms of pixel resolution.

With the birth of my daughter I felt a need for an upgrade. After short but intense research i decided to jump aboard the Pentax ship by means of a K-5 + DA 35mm f2,4 AL. Soon after, in harmony with my leaning towards things analogue, i accuired the: M-55mm f1,8 and M-135mm f3,5. I really like theese manual lenses and will most likely get some more...

...I am a Pentaxian!

04-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Välkommen/Welcome!

Till/to the Pentaxforum and congratulation on becoming a father!
Glad you are enjoying your K-5 and old and new lenses.
Don't be shy about posting, most I post is total newbie questions :P
And as you probably know there is a lot of knowledgeable people around here that can answer most questions.
Hope to see some picture from Umeå soon! I hope the spring will arrive to Sweden soon as I am going home for a quick vacation in a few weeks.

Vänliga hälsningar / Cheers

Yos
04-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope to see soon some your images ... the K-5 + 35/2.4 is a good combo, I use mine a lot ... plus I have all the lenses you mentioned ... they're tons of fun to use ... most of all, enjoy being a father ... J
04-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your becoming a father and the proud owner of a K-5.

If may as be so bold as to offer you some friendly advice...

If you haven't already done it, start a "University Fund" for that daughter of yours right now! It may save you from having to sell both your kidneys later on.

04-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the wellcomes!
Nice to see there are more swedes here. Spring is on the way, still some snow left and a few early spring flowers are beginning to sprout. (Time for Macro!)

College fund is already started. Education is free in Sweden though, but it still feels good to start saving anyhow since one never knows where life will take you.

And I shall try to muster up courage to post pics later. Sort of therapy for my internet shyness!
04-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you here, congrats on your baby girl, and your K-5 purchase. You will find the DA 35 giving you quality image after quality image. Hope you enjoy it on the forum.
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Välkommen till vår lilla stuga!
I hope you enjoy it here.