Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #1

Hello From Nottingham UK

Used an ME Super 30 years ago, and never progressed beyond using it as a snapshot camera despite adding Pentax 28mm, 45-125, 70-210 and a Tokina 500mm mirror. Used a Canon Sureshot then a G9, and finally returned to the Pentax fold a year ago with a K-5, mostly because I still have the old kit.
Joined a local club, but disappointed to find no other Pentaxians, so have been relying on this site as a lurker to figure out what solutions are available. I have spent the last year being amazed at the possibilities of the digital age both in terms of in camera and post processing. I fear I have left it a little late as there seems to be so much to learn!

Completely confused by the state of tethering at the moment following a location portrait training day shoot, where the limitations of the camera screen meant that the images I saw when I got home weren't quite what I had hoped for.

I will post about that in another part of the forum though.

04-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Rayand.
You could try PK_Tether | Tethering and remote control software for Pentax DSLR cameras for tethering with your K-5. I've not tried it, but seems interesting.
Kind regards,
Mark
04-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rayand Quote
I fear I have left it a little late as there seems to be so much to learn!
Welcome to the forum, its never too late apparently, that's what they call the fun bit, all this learning malarkey.
04-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... please post an image or two soon ... J