Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from SW Michigan!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mike and I'm addicted to film! Yes, I have digital too! - a Sony A200, a Sony A300 and a little Nikon Coolpix 4600 P&S. For several years now I have been shooting color and black and white film and I have been doing my own developing. I scan my negatives using a Canon Pixma MG8120 All-in-One and use Paint Shop Pro Photo X3 for my digital post processing. My results are very pleasing to me, however I am a Hobbyist - not a Pro Photographer!

My film cameras have been mostly 35mm SLRs and mostly Minoltas. An XD-11, a X570 (The X-700s little but more capable brother), a XE- 5 and XE-7. a SRT-102, a SRT-202, a SRT-200, a XG-7, a Maxxum 700si, a 9xi and a Maxxum 9000. I have also owned Canons - a AL-1, a AE-1 Program, a EOS-650, a EOS A2 and a EOS Rebel Ti. There were also Konicas, a Autoreflex T4, a Auto S3 RF, a C35 RF and a S2 RF. There was a Mamiya NC-1000s SLR (a little jewel!) and a host of Yashica RFs. Oh, there are Polaroids, a 180 (custom Copal shutter), 2 360's(one stock and one with a Kodak Ektar 127mm lens in a Graphic Supermatic shutter), a 800 and some Spectras too! I listed these not to bore you but to give you an idea of my exposure to different camera platforms. It's funny though, I never cared to try the Nikons.

Most all have all been sold except for the Sony A200 and A300, Minolta 9xi and 9000 and the Polaroids. I have come here doing some research to determine if I want to try the Pentax platform as I feel the need to do something different. I liked the Minolta platform because I always felt that the marquee was under appreciated. When I turned to digital, I went with Sony because they supported the A mount and I had a number of Minolta legacy AF lenses but, I always wished that the digitals said Minolta on them instead of Sony.

I see that with the Pentax line I can have a pedigree that goes all the way from film to digital and that most legacy lenses can work with the Pentax digital platforms. I am intrigued by this even though it probably sounds stupid to some. I continue to straddle the line between digital and film, seeing the usefulness of one and not wanting to give up the other! And having a stable of cameras than share the same marquee across the mediums would be my own little piece of photography heaven.

Thanks for listening and I hope to see you all again!

Mike

05-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AnalogMan Quote
I see that with the Pentax line I can have a pedigree that goes all the way from film to digital and that most legacy lenses can work with the Pentax digital platforms. I am intrigued by this even though it probably sounds stupid to some. I continue to straddle the line between digital and film, seeing the usefulness of one and not wanting to give up the other!
There are several here that shoot both film and digital. Me included. Welcome to the Forums and Pentax Mike Glad to have you here.
05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome patrick9! I have been looking at several different manual focus Pentax cameras. I've looked at the ME and ME super, the MX and do you know anything about the Super Program?

Mike
05-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you carry on shooting both, it's all about choices and we can all do both if we want to.

05-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you sir! I do intend to continue using both film and digital hopefully including the Pentax platform!

Mike
05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello from NE Illinois!
05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks Terry!

Mike
05-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope too see some images soon ... J

05-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks JP! Even though they're from my Minolta's, I'll post some pictures!

Mike