Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #1

Hello from Cheshire, UK

Just introducing myself (as suggested by the forum people!).
As you will see in my profile I'm a retired journalist who likes working on websites (for local groups and myself) which is why I have a camera - pictures make a good website even more than text. I also enjoy making videos - when the editing software doesn't play up!
Off now to complain about the K-01 . . .!

www.dabbersnantwich.me.uk | www.jonborovideos.me.uk | www.nantwichwalledgarden.me.uk

Last edited by Dabber; 05-09-2013 at 04:26 AM.
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, be happy retired, chill a bit more.
05-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope too see some images soon ... J
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Since half a year, I am retired, too.

I still remember a couple of things from Cheshire. In 1965, when I was 18, I stayed there for 3 weeks at my aunt's (to become a bit more fluent in English), and then one of my cousins came with me to Frankfurt for 3 weeks.
As far as I remember, at that time they lived in a cottage called Woodford, somewhere in the Macclesfield/Stockport area, south of Manchester. I still should have some failed shots from the inside of Chester Cathedral (I owned just a kind of simple camera, SLRs had to wait till I came back from the German army and was a student.)

I have never been in Cheshire again, but very often in other parts of England and even more often in Scotland, as I used to work a couple of years for a subsidiary of an UK company. Headquarters at that time were located near Edinburgh.

05-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
I've tried . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, be happy retired, chill a bit more.
I would just love to chill out more. But I don't seem to get the time! What with my Far Too Much To Do List . . .
So, I may not get round to taking images for the sheer joy and satisfaction of it to be able to post them on the forum. What I take are for the websites I run. Sorry, Jean

Last edited by Dabber; 05-09-2013 at 04:25 AM.
05-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #6

Original Poster
Not the whole of Cheshire . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
I have never been in Cheshire again, but very often in other parts of England and even more often in Scotland, as I used to work a couple of years for a subsidiary of an UK company. Headquarters at that time were located near Edinburgh.
Can't help you with Cheshire as a whole, but one part of the south of the county - Nantwich - is featured on my A Dabber's Nantwich website which you might like to see (www.dabbersnantwich.me.uk).

Or you could try viewing some DVDs ("Cheshire Curiosities") I made with amateur colleagues (www.jonborovideos.me.uk). I hope that's not advertising. We don't make a penny from the sale of the videos. But the local church benefits.