Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from the Netherlands!

Hello everyone!

My name is Haye (15) from the Netherlands, and I recently bought my first camera; a Pentax K-01. Before I bought my own camera, i shot with the ones from my dad, a Ricoh GRD III and IV, and his Konica Minolta 7D (DSLR).
I enjoyed photographing, so I decided to buy my own camera. After reading many reviews, the choice was between the NEX-5 (not the NEX-5N, because of my budget), the Fuji X10, the Pentax Q10, some entry-level DSLR's and the Pentax K-01. After much doubt, I decided to buy the Pentax K-01 with the 18-55mm kitlens. The same day I bought a second-hand SMC Pentax 50mm A1.7.

One week later I went to Istanbul, a great city to shot nice pictures, so I thought. Unfortunately, I had to shot all my pictures with the 18-55mm lens, because I discovered that the 50mm lens green spots caused on the photos. (I read something on the internet about a lens flare?). I really hope this is repairable!!

Before yesterday, I never used Flickr, but now I have my own camera, i created an account.

I'd like to have some comment on my photo's. Flickr: hayep's Photostream (I didn't upload all photo's yet, so some more (better) shots are coming.)

Regards,

Haye

05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, did your 50 mm have a UV filter on it, as these are usually the flare culprits, if so remove it and see.
05-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, did your 50 mm have a UV filter on it, as these are usually the flare culprits, if so remove it and see.
I first thought that as well, but after removing the UV-Filter, the same green spots were still there...
05-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to the forums ... post an image of your green spots ... J

05-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
EDIT: I went to Istanbul on Holiday with my family, so there wasn't much time to make photo's. Most of them on Flickr, are Point-and-Shoot. (not all of them)
05-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to the forums ... post an image of your green spots ... J
Thanks for your reply! I wil post soms photo's with the Green spots, do I need to post them here, or somewhere else in the forum??

Regards, Haye
05-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hayep Quote
Thanks for your reply! I wil post soms photo's with the Green spots, do I need to post them here, or somewhere else in the forum??

Regards, Haye
Please post them here since we're talking about it already ... J
05-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Dag Haye en welkom hier! Denk er ook aan dat er een Nederlands Pentax forum is (twee zelfs!) op pentaxforum.nl en pentaxian.nl waar je ook van harte welkom zal zijn.

05-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Dag Haye en welkom hier! Denk er ook aan dat er een Nederlands Pentax forum is (twee zelfs!) op pentaxforum.nl en pentaxian.nl waar je ook van harte welkom zal zijn.
Dank! Ik zal me zeker gaan aanmelden pentaxforum.nl en pentaxian.nl eerdaags!
05-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@JeanPoitiers Sorry for the late post, i didn't had time to post photo's earlier. The photo's I've taken are extreme examples of the green spots in bright light, but in daylight (sun, or blue sky) it are exactly the same green spots (other places, and maybe smaller). These photo's are without any filter.

Tomorrow I will post some photo's in daylight, if necessary.

Regards,

Haye

Last edited by K01camera; 05-14-2015 at 02:59 AM.