Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

Good evening/morning/afternoon

Hello everybody, I have a serious reason for joining this forum, I not to happy with my new camera
There is nothing wrong with my K30 it takes great shots but I so want to return to a Nikon.
I'm very much a beginner in my 50's and have had 2 Nikon entry level DSLR's, I was about to buy a Panasonic G5 and for some reason went for the K30 and I just cannot get used to it.
Basically I need brainwashing and persuading that I've done the right thing

05-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Barrington Quote
I just cannot get used to it
Welcome to the forum, we don't do "brainwashing and persuading" here, we just come round and beat you with a big stick.

Not all cameras suit all people, everyone's different, it's a bit like buying a car, there's no right or wrong here.

Just ask yourself why you "so want to return to a Nikon" and if you can't find that quality in what you have, then sell up and move on.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and above all else enjoy you photography.
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum

I say give K-30 a chance. Give it a month or two, try to get used to the camera. If it still not feel right you maybe the K-30 was just not for you.
After a month or so maybe post your thoughts in the K-30 part of the forum. See if you will get more "nooo please don't move back to Nikon" advice
And even if I came from using a Pentax K-r I still haven't got used to my K-30, and I used my K-30 for a month
Cheers
Yos
05-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope that you stay around and hope to see some images soon ... J

05-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #5

Original Poster
Very impressed with the K30 forum, I might have a change of mind
05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Very impressed with the K30 forum, I might have a change of mind
Good ... J
05-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #7

Original Poster
Now that I have found out how to change the Forum colour away from that dreadful red I'm here to stay and so is my K30 until I upgrade of course
05-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Now that I have found out how to change the Forum colour away from that dreadful red I'm here to stay and so is my K30 until I upgrade of course
Congrats & enjoy ... J