Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Good afternoon from Ireland

Hello everybody - as the forum software asks so nicely, I'll go and introduce myself shortly.
I'm originally from Germany but have been living in Ireland for over five years at this point; I've been a frequent lurker here for a good while - checking back on any Pentax news, advice, and general photography tips. The forums were always a great help and resource (and one of the few places that see very little of the silly animosities/trolling you get elsewhere).
What made me take the plunge to finally join was probably - again - the forum software, which thanks to the wonders of cookies noticed I visit frequently and thus asked me if I didn't want to join. The frequency of my visits increased a bit recently as I got myself a K-5 ii and also did some research here on geo-tagging as well as photo organising/RAW development software.

Pentax was the first camera I ever had - and even the first I remember ever using. At the time, it was my father's ME Super, which he later gifted to me, along with a standard Pentax and a Vivitar tele lens (the latter of which I've sold off in the meantime). I still own that ME Super, although I have to admit I haven't used it in a good while now. I went digital with the K200D in 2009. Over the years, I got a Sigma DC 18-50mm 1:2.8 EX Macro (although the "Macro" is really a bit of a joke with that lens, as it turned out), a Sigma DC 50-150mm 1:2.8 II APO HSM, and a Pentax-DA 1:2.8 35mm Macro Limited. I just had to kick out PaintShop Pro XI because it was just getting too old and didn't really do RAW development, and after lengthy deliberations (and installing various free trial versions) went for ACDSee Pro 6 as my management, development and retouching tool.

I'll leave it at that for now :-)

Later!

05-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... great intro and hope to see some images soon ... J
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both it and your K-5 II, lurk no more that's you now introduced.
06-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yay, another Pentaxian in Cork!