Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From Illinois.

Hello From Illinois.
I have browsed these forums a few times looking for answers to questions and today I have decided to just go ahead and join. I have a K100D and I am still trying to learn how to use it. I am more versed in building PC's than I am in using a camera. I am just now starting to get into cameras as a hobby. It is sort of going along with my new hobby of Telescopes. I got my camera at the same time as I got my telescope so I have been using both. Sometimes with my scope but mostly I have been using my Camera for Landscape and Birds. Nothing to spectacular yet but I am having a lot of fun.

Anyways these forums seem to be a great place to start in this new hobby since I have already been helped just from reading through it. If I do need more help I will not hesitate to ask.

05-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, I am from Illinois too... sort of... born there, moved early and often. I had a K100D, and traded it in on a K-x, but I usually shoot with a K-5 these days. I've been taking pictures the last few days with an A-400 and 1.7 converter. When I'm searching for birds it certainly seems like it's a telescope. If you need help spending any money be sure to ask. We excel at telling other people how to spend their money. SOme of us actually listen to what yu want, some of us just have a stock answer like " Buy a Tamron 17-50, you won't regret it." That may seem a bit odd when you've asked if anyone knows where you can get an andapter that will allow you take pictures through Galileo's telescope, but you'll get used to it.
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, once you get the camera mounted on the scope you'll be able to do some real long distance stuff.
05-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Buy a Tamron 17-50, you won't regret it.
Yeah, what he said!

Welcome... you'll also find we have a strange sense of humor around here.
(Of course, normhead knows I'm originally from Illinois, too!)

05-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone.

I already have used my Camera with my Telescope. In fact I took some pictures again tonight. Here are two pictures of the Moon from tonight. I have been trying out a few settings. Still not sure which settings are best yet. These two seemed to have turned out OK. I did not do any post processing to them.

05-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... thanks for your moon shots and hope to see more soon ... J
05-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from a fellow Illinois resident.
I also build PCs for my own use.