Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From Indonesia!!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanna say hi to other pentaxian here, come from Indonesia and very happy found this great forum, very helpful and found many generous people with tips and advice

i'm a newbie since this is my very... first time having DSLR, so i'm hyper excited here in a week my new Pentax K-5 IIs will arrived
I read tons of review camera brand before falling in love to pentax, at first everyone are suggesting S or N, but i stumbled on snapsort.com and so amazed how pentax outnumbered other expensive brand and type with its unique feature so i made my mind this will be what i'm getting

And trust me its so difficult to get this brand here, i've called so many stores around and most of them shake their head said they don't sell it, pretty disappointed at first until one store offered me to order it from the warehouse with great price as well

When friends knowing i'm getting pentax everyone tell me "why?" and telling me making a risky step investing a lot of money for my first DLSR, since its going to be difficult to get its accessories and stuff here, true for some part, but what can i say... i already fall in love with K-5

So again, just wanna say hi and will be around causing you guys trouble with a lot of questions in future haha

Ps: any other indonesian member here?

05-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if your already in love with the K-5, just wait until you discover all the lenses that are out there for it.
05-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy your K-5 iis and post an image or two later ... J
05-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Enjoy the camera. If you later decide you want to get extra things for it, you might look on the marketplace here. I bought some things and had good experiences. I know a few other Indonesians who have looked very carefully at what they were going to do before getting involved, and then did well.

05-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you guys, the camera will be arrived tomorrow ^_^

can't wait to start taking pictures
05-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here and hope you enjoy the forum. The K-5 will impress you.
05-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #7

Hi there, saya dari Yogya ^^,

05-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
halo mas redscooter

Received it yesterday, and so nervous

Like i said this is my first time having DSLR, so... extremely confused with the setting, tried taking picture today but still not satisfied at all >_<
it works fine when taking picture at daylight on the outdoor, tried again indoor at night and the result are disappointing

i'm taking crash course through any tutorial on the net, hopefully could learn one or two this week
06-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I finally able to learn a bit with the technical stuff, non stop learning and reading, although i'm still not very satisfied with my picture, but i make a lot of progress compared the first week having this camera
The problem is i have minus eyes, although the diopter already at maximum sometimes i still seeing few area blurred and it affect the result a lot, many of my shoot blurred

here are few images i shot, none of them edited because i want to show my exposure result, i still feel the exposure setting isn't right, but so far this is what i achieved from camera with manual setting

Model : my sister in our backyard

Model : marco our grumpy dog

Model: mom and sisters at hotspring in our hometown, wearing sulfur mask while enjoying the hot water, its just the tradition here