Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Unregistered User

New here - new to pentax dslr's in genral

Hey there!

I've been a long time lover of Pentax. My first camera was a Pentax k-1000 handmedown from my father. I've been using a very outdated Canon reble xt for like 10 years now so when I upgraded I decided to stick with a brand I feel very connected to - good ol Pentax. My boyfriend got me the K-30 as a birthday/new mommy gift and it's been super fun learning the new tricks it comes with (and confusing.. but that's ok.)

I have my A.S. in Photography and I'm slowing working toward my B.A. in Printmaking, eventually hoping to get my Master's. I'll probably be close to dead by the time that happens though.

you can view my art work and photography on my tumblr Mallory Paige Ruff

I look forward to getting to know some of you! I haven't messed with the forum circuit since I was a kid but now that I find myself stuck at home with a 2 month old, I figured it'd help nap times pass a little more productively.

05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... Congrats for the baby ... and the new K-30 ... enjoy, J
05-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that's a great intro, enjoy the new K-30.
05-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. Great pictures.

05-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

Hello. I think you are really going to love the how easy it is to interface with the Pentax camera bodies. I really love my k-5 IIs ( a switch or button for almost everything you need) so much, I am thinking of getting my wife a k-30.

Enjoy.
05-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forum as well as your photography.
05-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
smf
Pentaxian

Welcome!
Your black and white image of Aura's feet is a gem.
Best wishes.

05-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Unregistered User

thanks for the friendly welcomes! It's nice to have a venue to discuss photography. I definitely miss that aspect of being in school - serious lack of shop talk.

thank smf. I still need to edit out that lil hangnail ;P