Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #1

Hello to fellow Pentaxians!

Hello to all, My name is Gordon and I'm from the city of Matteson Illinois. My first camera was a Pentax 1000. It had a 50mm lens and I bought a 135mm Pentax lens. I had many enjoyable moments with that camera. That was many years ago. When looking for a digital camera I first purchased a istD. I soon realized the limitations of this camera and purchased a K10. I have photographed many weddings with this camera. It has never failed me. I then purchased a K5 which is the camera that I currently use. I still use the K10 for backup. I am a professional pilot by trade. I hold an Airline Transport Pilot licence in both Airplanes and helicopters. I learned to fly helicopters in the U.S. Army and Airplanes when I worked for a major retailer. I'm currently in Afghanistan flying a S-61N helicopter in support of the military. Now you are thinking " WOW what an opportunity for some great pictures". Well it's not that easy since I cannot leave the base were I'm located unless I'm flying my helicopter. The insurgents will pay a local farmer money if they capture us and turn us over to them. We don't get the chance to mingle with the locals. I'm going to take my camera and try to get some shots from the air.

Well I wish everyone a great day and happy shooting!

Gordon

Last edited by gordonw57; 05-31-2013 at 06:41 PM.
05-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And a very warm welcome. Gordon, hope to see some of your aerial shots.
05-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome Gordon! I'd say you've got a pretty much *unique* possibilities even within the base so just look "around/under/over/everywhere" and they surely will pop into your eye
And stay safe out there mate!
05-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... be careful out there ... and post us an image or two if possible ... J

05-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, enjoy the K-5 when you get a chance to use it.
06-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi from a fellow Northern Illinoian.
The past couple weeks you could have got some good storm pictures in Matteson! Rough weeks...

Stay safe over there.
06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #7

Original Poster
Sorry to hear about the storms. Looks like the midwest might get some more! I'll be home in a few days for a break and looking forward to doing a lot of shooting! Bought a couple of new lenses and they are waiting for me!

Thank You for your comments!