Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #1

Howdy - an introduction

Hello fellow pentaxians,

New here to the forum. I have been lurking here for years now and finally got around to joining up.

First, I wanted to say "Thank you!" to the community, you all make this site an invaluable resource for pentax owners / users.

About me... I was gifted my first camera, a Ricoh KR-5 super, at 14 years old and had fun playing around with it taking photo's at family events and on road trips and scouting events. I found myself shooting my first gig at 15 due to a photographer not showing up for a cousins wedding. I only had one roll on me, one of the uncles ran out to the local drug store and came back with a three pack of Kodachrome 200/ 36. I must have done a good job at it because she recently thanked me for the photo's even after 30 years. In all those years i have never sold a photo or been paid for any work I just shoot for the fun / love of it. I have always loved photography and always loved my Ricoh's and Pentax camera's. I have been shooting a pentax point and shoot WR for years now and I decided it was time to get a 'real' camera again.

So now the real adventure begins. I recently picked up a K-30 with a 28-135 and I love it. It is so nice to have a something that i can grab and shoot within seconds. I am super happy with the quality of the body and lens and super happy that I found this forum. I am looking forward to playing with the old glass on the K-30 and my hope is to sell some of my old work to support this hobby, Yes I am selling out. My plan is, if i can manage it, to sell some work just to buy more gear. I Probably wont be doing any more weddings unless its as a backup for a friends gig. I'll mostly focus on landscape and architecture type shots as that has always been my preference. I just don't feel comfortable with shooting portrait although I do enjoy 'street shooting' and catching people being real.

Thanks again to the community for all you do here!
-BaconScout

06-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Enjoy your K-30 It is a fun, capable camera . I decided this week to get off TAV mode on mine and see what it can do. WHAT A BLAST.
06-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... the K-30 is great from what I have read ... post an image or two soon ... J
06-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to hear your enjoying both the forum and your K-30.