Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Hello all

My name is Billie and I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.
My first proper camera was a Pentax SV slr with the standard f1.8/55 lens. I learned a lot with that camera and slowly built up a reasonable kit, before someone decided they needed it more than me and stole it one night.
I replaced it with a PZ-70 and the automatic features of the new camera were very liberating, but it never quite felt the same and I don't think I took better pictures with it. Unfortunately I had/have a developing disability which made it increasingly difficult to hold the camera steady and I found I was not using it and went the route of the compact digital camera, beginning with a 2MP Kodak (laughingly expensive when I look back) and followed it with a 5MP Kodak before I again found I wasn't using it. I never liked the photos I took with either of them. They weren't bad shots technically for the most part but I missed the control I used to have and they seemed soulless.
After reading some good things about the anti-shake abilities and low light capabilities of the then new DSLR K-r series I took the plunge and bought one a few years ago. It has renewed my love of photography and really liberated me once more. It takes great photos on automatic, but really shows its abilities when I turn that dial on top and start experimenting. I find the anti-shake feature allows me to take hand-held shots at 1/30th of a second in low light and produce crystal clear photos. I'm back. I still have a nice 50mm prime from the PZ-70 which works beautifully on the K-r body and I am looking to extend my range of good lenses, although I am pretty happy with the shots I get from the kit lens when I am feeling "lazy".
In a bit of a nostalgia kick, I just bought a SV body in pristine condition (looks like a '66 or '67 model) off eBay and I am now looking for a similar quality f1.8/55 Super Multi-coated Takumar screw mount to go with it. I don't know if I am going to use it yet.

06-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.............please enjoy your stay with us.
06-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Billie. Glad you joined us.
06-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum here, we always seem to have room for one more Aussie.

06-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... nice intro and hope to see an image or two soon ... J