Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Hello from the UK!

Hi All!

I'm relatively new to DSLR photography and hoping to improve my photography skills.

My first proper (subjective) camera was a bridge, Panasonic FZ28. This is a great camera and I was able to take some great pictures (perhaps by luck).

I bought a Pentax K-r about 2 years ago, despite the fact that image quality was obviously superior to the Panasonic I struggled to make the move from bridge camera. The Panasonic, despite fixed lens, had an equivalent range of 27-286mm, felt like a step backward to have to change lenses (especially between the two kit lenses), and the battery doesn't last a week on my K-r!

I've tried to spend as much time as I can to learn about the features and controls of the camera, and move away from the world of point and click auto-mode. I think its taken my until now to really know what most of the control do and how to use them effectively.

I still think most of my pictures lack that spark, I'm hoping I can tap into the knowledge of the forums to help me improve!

Adam.

06-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AdsUK Quote
I still think most of my pictures lack that spark
Welcome to the forum, the "spark section" kept locked up in the cupboard in case it causes mayhem if it gets out.

"
I'm hoping I can tap into the knowledge of the forums to help me improve!
For everything else, if you can't find what your looking for, just ask.
06-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy that K-r, mine is great ... and please post us an image or two soon ... J
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks kerrowdown - perhaps one day i'll earn the keys to the spark room

Jean - whats the best way to post an image to the forum - i'm pretty computer literate but just not used many forums. Is it best to attach them to the post or link out to something like photobucket or flickr? I assume its best to scale the images for viewing on screen in jpeg?

Cheers. Ads

06-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Jean - whats the best way to post an image to the forum - i'm pretty computer literate but just not used many forums. Is it best to attach them to the post or link out to something like photobucket or flickr? I assume its best to scale the images for viewing on screen in jpeg?
A lot members use external sources like flickr and the like ... I use the albums that one can create in your PF account and link them by the "Insert Album Photo" tool ... plus I think that one can use internal attachments on PF ... good luck, J
06-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #6

Original Poster
I've just setup a Flickr album - 1tb of online space for free - must be a catch??
I've added a few pics from a recent trip.

Brooklyn Bridge | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
NYC Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cloudgate | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_IGP2938_edited-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Chicago | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I always struggle to get those super sharp night cityscapes. The picture of Toronto was taken with an old 50mm 1.7 Pentax prime and the rest with the 18-55mm DAL lens.

Adam.
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I've just setup a Flickr album - 1tb of online space for free - must be a catch??
Thanks ... saw your photos and looking forward to more ... J