Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hey There!

It's taken me a while to stumble upon this site but I'm so glad I did. I'm John and I live in Western, MA. I'd classify my self as a beginner to slightly intermediate.

I'm shooting with a Pentax K-x that I bought almost 4 years ago. At the time I worked for an Apple store and half the crowd was Nikon and the other half Canon. What pushed me to the K-x was that my mom had a K1000 when we were growing up so using the old lenses she had was appealing. Of course, after I bought the camera, she has no idea where the lenses she had went. haha. But nevertheless, I couldn't be happier with my choice.

I've actually had some recent luck at some local tag sales picking up some goodies so the lens database has been very helpful as a frame of reference.

Love the site!

06-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello John, Welcome to the Forum,
It's good to hear you've found some bargains, what gear did you buy? Make us all jealous and say a 300mm f/2.8 for 12 dollars! Just kidding.
But PK lenses are out there, I still check pawn shops and yard sales when I can. eBay has been my most reliable source overall, but there's always the danger of the occasional clunker.
Glad to have you aboard, post some photos soon,
Ron
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I'm sure many Pentax users started out the same way using the backwards lens capability.
06-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-x and my K1000 is a lot of fun ... and please post us an image or two soon ... J